FSIPanel not working since latest update of PMDG 777

kiwipilot77

Re: FSIPanel not working since latest update of PMDG 777

Post by kiwipilot77 »

jpgarraio wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:26 am I guess the problem is your navigraph database, FSiPanel cannot find any approaches to insert as they are missing maybe?

Look at this post on PMDG forum
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/microsoft- ... rture-page

That could be our issue, did you try to insert the approach yourself?

Cheers,

J-P
Thank you! I'm aware of Navigraph issues and updating. There is a post on the official Navigraph forum how to update to the latest AIRAC:
https://forum.navigraph.com/t/pmdg-777- ... ound/16135

When on the runway, I can easily load a SID or a STAR and the ILS approaches, they are all there in the aircraft but FSIPanel can't seem to find any of them. So it is not my Navigraph or the PMDG777. Any other ideas?
Strumpy

Post by Strumpy »

Box is also ticked for me.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

ok, can you check please when FSiPanel has finished the positioning if you can manually insert the approach in the FMC?
Some pilots on PMDG Forum are reporting that they do not find any approaches in the FMC.
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Strumpy

Post by Strumpy »

The box is also ticked for me, and since creating the original post I have updated the navigraph navdata and the problem still persists.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

If you can see the approaches in your FMC, maybe the SDK for the FMS has been disabled with the update or moved to another location.
Did you buy on MSFS or Steam store ?

Can you locate the file 777_Options.ini in the PMDG 777 Work folder ?

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Also something to check, if you go to RTE page on your FMC when FSiPanel does not find the approach, do you have the correct destination airport ? or blank ?
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
kiwipilot77

Post by kiwipilot77 »

jpgarraio wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:06 am ok, can you check please when FSiPanel has finished the positioning if you can manually insert the approach in the FMC?
Some pilots on PMDG Forum are reporting that they do not find any approaches in the FMC.
Yes I can load an approach BUT FSIPanel also doesn't POSINT, landing speeds etc, hence me doing all by myself after the app sets the plane up somehow defeats the purpose of FSIPanel...
kiwipilot77

Post by kiwipilot77 »

jpgarraio wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:09 am If you can see the approaches in your FMC, maybe the SDK for the FMS has been disabled with the update or moved to another location.
Did you buy on MSFS or Steam store ?

Can you locate the file 777_Options.ini in the PMDG 777 Work folder ?

Regards,

J-P
Bought on MSFS Store. I have located the following files in the work folder:
777.Options.bkk
777.Options (seems to be a config setting file)

Is anything missing in this folder that could cause our issues? Other than this, the plane works perfectly fine and all Navigraph stuff is in there so it must be the communication between FSIPanel and MSFS/777

regards
Claudio
kiwipilot77

Post by kiwipilot77 »

jpgarraio wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:11 am Also something to check, if you go to RTE page on your FMC when FSiPanel does not find the approach, do you have the correct destination airport ? or blank ?
all blank, RTE, LEGS, POS - the FMC doesn't get updated at all

regards,
Claudio
Strumpy

Post by Strumpy »

After FSIPanel has positioned me and ready to hand over the flight if I try to put in the arrival (the runway number eg. ILS 23R) it tells me it is invalid entry although all the runways and procedures are present.