Fenix A320 Right bank

sevatc85

Fenix A320 Right bank

Post by sevatc85 »

Hi, every one. During my trainigs i faced with such trouble. Almost every approach during the flare, at altitude aproximatly 40 feet plane experiencing severe Right(!) banking without any visible reason. My joy is ok, becides, it happens not every time. Have who ever had such proplem? The plane is Fenix A320. Thanks!
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Fenix A320 Right bank

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi, very strange, are you flying manually when it banks?
Can you make a video?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jcomm

Post by jcomm »

This and other quirks with the Fenix flight model will be addressed by the upcoming v2, at least as far as the Fenix team leader has announced.
sevatc85

Post by sevatc85 »

Thanks everyone for your answers. Yes, I fly manually from the 4th mile. I will try to attach the video tonight or tomorrow. This problem does not always manifests itself, but quite often and strongly affects the quality of landing. The reason for this could not be found by myself. And yea, this happens only with FSI and never in «usual» flight.
jcomm

Post by jcomm »

sevatc85 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:40 pm Thanks everyone for your answers. Yes, I fly manually from the 4th mile. I will try to attach the video tonight or tomorrow. This problem does not always manifests itself, but quite often and strongly affects the quality of landing. The reason for this could not be found by myself. And yea, this happens only with FSI and never in «usual» flight.
The only reason it could be related to the Scenario setup is if the approach and landing speed and configuration aren't correctly calculated and/or there is significative wind which one should compensate for in terms of target speeds.

I experience it from time to time irrespective of using FSIPanel. Actually I only "discovered" FSIPanel a few weeks ago :-)

Regarding the upcoming features / fine tuning / fixes coming with v2 of the Fenix A320, please checK
jcomm

Post by jcomm »

sevatc85 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:40 pm Thanks everyone for your answers. Yes, I fly manually from the 4th mile. I will try to attach the video tonight or tomorrow. This problem does not always manifests itself, but quite often and strongly affects the quality of landing. The reason for this could not be found by myself. And yea, this happens only with FSI and never in «usual» flight.
https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2023- ... niversary/

As you can check reading down on that announcement to the paragraph that starts :

"Additionally to all the above, the flight model itself has not been forgotten, and a considerable amount of work has been done polishing off certain phases of flight that were suboptimal. This itself took a few hundred hours of investigation and tuning to ensure the behaviour was just as desired, but we hope you all feel these improvements in your day-to-day flying experience.

The fixes were targeted at improving a few specific and critical flight regimes, namely:

Crosswind Takeoffs

Crosswind Landings

Takeoff pitch input for rotation

Landing Bouncy Castle Super Fun Times"

it is inherent to the model and not because you're using FSI. Probably just a coincidence.

Also when using FSIPanel with the Fenix A320 don't forget to properly set the aircraft loading on the Fenix EFB before you load the situation you want to train, unless it's a Scenario with it's own settings.
sevatc85

Post by sevatc85 »

Hi everyone, Im here again. Interesting thing. When i starting from short final, my problem is here, but i tried to start from the long one - everything is ok. I made about 10-15 approaches one after one and didnt catch this issue. The reason unknown.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Maybe you can try to change the default long final in FSiPanel from 4 to 5NM in SETUP / OPTIONS or try to program a 5NM FINAL by clicking on:
Select FIX, X NM Final, type 5, accept profile altitude and then MOVE AC.

Do you have this issue at 5NM ?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer