PMDG 777 Freezing

SquadronLeader

PMDG 777 Freezing

Post by SquadronLeader »

Hi J-P

I have tried a couple of approaches into LSZH with the PMDG 777. Each time it freezes during the setup, and I can do nothing with it.

Before you made FSiPanel compatible with the PMDG 777 - I imported it as a new plane, and I have a feeling that this may be the cause of the problem. Is there a way that I can delete the PMDG 777 that I imported, and start again? - or any other thoughts?
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: PMDG 777 Freezing

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

When does it freeze? You can delete the customAC.db in FSiPanel directory, holding all the custom aircraft profiles not officially supported.

I do not have any other reports of freezes with the 777.

Sim is freezing or FSiPanel hangs?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
SquadronLeader

Re: PMDG 777 Freezing

Post by SquadronLeader »

J-P

Since I posted the above, I set up approaches to LSZH in both the Fenix A320 and the PMDG 737-800 - and both worked as expected.

I deleted, and then reinstalled FSiPanel, and then tried an approach with the PMDG 777 into LSGG.

So the 777 is positioned in the air, and the dialogue box informs me that FSiPanel is setting up the plane. Then it freezes. After about a further minute, the dialogue box then asks me to hold my brake for 3 seconds, and I get a message saying I have control - but everything is frozen, and I am unable to fly the approach. It is the sim freezing, not FSiPanel hanging.

BTW, I could not find a customAC.db in the FsiPanel directory - could this be due to my fresh install?

My system spec is:
Windows 11 Pro 64 bit
13th Gen Intel i9-13900K
64 GB RAM
RX 4090